You may have come across times when you wanted to move to a different country for any reason. If you’re lucky, you would’ve had someone to guide you. However, if not you would’ve been clueless. Getting your application approved can be a time taking and tedious task. However, if you hire an immigration lawyer, he / she can help you in your process tremendously. Getting an immigration lawyer is not a difficult task, finding the best one can be. This blog will walk you through all the details you need to know about identifying the best immigration lawyer in San Francisco.
Who is an Immigration Lawyer?
Before we proceed any further let’s talk about who an immigration lawyer and what are his/her roles. Immigration lawyers are legally qualified representatives that can help an individual through their immigration process. Immigration lawyers can not only advise you about the right steps to take through your immigration process, but also walk you through filling the application the right way. This can help you in getting your application approved, contrary to doing it yourself which has a high chance that your application gets rejected. Immigration lawyers have a knowledge of all the laws you need to know about and steps which saves you a lot of time and hassle.
Why is it a better option to hire an Immigration Lawyer?
When applying for immigration, it is always a better option to hire an immigration lawyer who knows the ins and outs of immigration law. Hiring a professional immigration lawyer comes with the following benefits:
- Immigration usually comes with a lot of paperwork. It can be confusing at first glance. Mistakes on the application form can increase your chances of getting rejected. Moreover, mistakes on the form can lead to a delay as well which can be frustrating. Immigration lawyers know what forms to fill, how to fill them and they can guide you through the process. This can make the application filling process less intimidating. This way you can breeze through the process of filling the application form with less to no hassles.
- Contrary to popular belief, there are multiple ways to getting your immigration approved. Pursuing the application on your own can be appealing to some, however it keeps you deprived of other possibly easier ways as you don’t know about them. Hiring an immigration lawyer can save you the headache of finding the best path. They can work out the best possible path for you which can lead to less hassle and your application getting accepted sooner.
- Immigration lawyers have experience from all the cases they have been working on. This comes in handy as they know how to properly maneuver your case and enhance your chances of getting the application accepted as soon as possible.
- A big benefit that comes with hiring an immigration lawyer is that they make sure all your rights are given to you. During the immigration process, some people can be denied their rights by the immigration officers. Immigration lawyers can not only help you through the process but also make sure all your basic rights are provided to you by the immigration officers.
- It may happen that you may have to put forward an appeal during the process of your immigration. Immigration lawyers can help you with that. They can help you during the appeal procedure. They can even go to the extent of representing you in court if it comes to that. This can be very helpful and can come in extremely handy.
How to find the best Immigration Lawyer for yourself?
Finding an immigration lawyer that suits your needs can be a difficult task specially if you don’t know have much knowledge about it. However, if you follow the following steps, you can definitely find a lawyer that is the best out there
- Always prefer a quality lawyer. You may be tempted to save a few bucks on hiring your lawyer, however a good, professional lawyer can make your process way easier. This can be in terms of the way they handle your case, represent you or guide you. In any way, having a professional quality lawyer is important and they can help you in your case a lot.
- Before you hire a lawyer make sure to conduct an interview with the lawyer. This way you can make sure that your lawyer is professional and knows what he is doing. Only hire a lawyer that fully satisfies your needs. While you’re at it, ask about all the questions you have in mind about the process and how they plan on carrying out your case. This can not only act as a good ice breaker but also insinuate confidence in both the lawyer and you. Clearing out all the confusions before hand is always a good start to a professional relationship.
- Getting referrals for the lawyer you’re looking for is an excellent way of making sure they are the right man for the job. You can look through your personal network or find referrals online. This can help you in narrowing down the list of potential lawyers.
- While searching for immigration lawyers near you, always make sure to confirm their credentials before you hire them. This is a simple task however it can go a long way in making your journey easy. You can confirm their credentials by visiting AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) website. This can help you a lot in making sure that the lawyer you are hiring is authentic. It is always good to authenticate your immigration lawyer’s credentials before you proceed to hire them.
- Nowadays in the digital era, having an online presence is very important. Professionals of any field always have an online presence that not only makes them stand out but also makes your access to them easier. While finding the right immigration lawyer for yourself, always look for an online presence. It need not be a personal website; active social media accounts are also equally important. Give a thorough look at the social media accounts of the lawyer you are interested in and find out as much as you can about them.
Types of Immigrations
When it comes to immigration, there are four basic statuses of immigrations that any individual can lie in. They are as follows:
A citizen is someone who pledges their allegiance to the United States. They are provided inalienable rights by the United States Constitution. There can be two categories of a citizen:
- A person who is born in the United States of America. Such a person is declared a citizenship on their birth and is entitled to all the rights provided under the Constitution of the United States.
- A person who obtains US citizenship through naturalization process. In order to achieve the citizenship through this process, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Have continuous and physical residence in the United States
- Have a will to take oath of Allegiance to the United States
- Demonstrate good moral character
A resident is someone who is lawfully granted permission to reside in the United States for an indefinite period of time. Residents are “green card holders” which means they are granted a green card as a proof of their lawful resident status in the United States. There are certain categories in which a person can fall in the “green card” category:
- Eligibility through family
- Eligibility through employment
- Eligibility as a Special Immigrant
- Eligibility as a refugee etc.
Non-immigrants are individuals granted with a temporary permission to be in the United States. Since such individuals are not residents or citizens of the United States, they are granted with a non-immigrant visa, that allows them to be in the United States as a temporary visitor. The following individuals lie in the non-immigrant category:
- Professional athletes competing in a competition
- Business visitors
- Foreign military personnel
- International cultural exchange visitors
- Religious workers etc.
About Richard S. Kolomejec
Being an award-winning attorney at law from San Francisco, Kolomejec and his firm are motivated to help you through your immigration process. Believing in the American dream, Kolomejec has helped many in obtaining visas for the United States of America. Going through the immigration process and getting the American visa has never been this easy. Moreover, our firm believes that everyone has a right to achieve their dreams without having to pay a high price for it. Our goal is to help people in reaching the land of opportunity as easily as possible. This goal has motivated us to make our services as affordable as possible and cover as many services as possible.
Services we provide
Committed to serve the people and help them in their immigration process, we specialize in the following areas of immigration law:
- Family based green cards
- Travel permits
- Fiancé visas
- US citizenships
- Spousal visas
- Re-entry permits
How to find the best Immigration Lawyer in San Francisco?
Richard S. Kolomejec and the ever-hardworking firm are committed to provide you the best legal advice and defense in your immigration process. We offer a wide range of services with affordable rates that make us a great option to consider. Moreover, we have the experience to guide you through the process and make it as seamless as possible. Are you on the lookout for the best immigration lawyer in San Francisco? Look no further. Schedule a free consultation today and get the best legal advice.